Tuesday 17 May 2011

Oscars Themed Party Preparation



So in just over a week i am going to an Oscar themed party. Im so excited i actually cant wait. It will actually be so much fun. This party also gives me an excuse to proper glam up and i love those occasions. So i found out about the party last week and ever since i had been on a hunt for an amazing dress. I tried everywhere online (new look, simply be, yours, very, curvety, h&m and forever 21) finally i found 2 dresses i loved. The first was a blue one shouldered dress from ASOS curve. The other a beige and cream style prom dress from Evans. I wasnt sure about the ASOS dress as sometimes i find their sizing a bit of a hit or a miss (LET ME KNOW IF YOU EXPERIENCED THIS TOO) so i went to order the Evans dress only to find that my size had sold out... gutted. Fortunately i saw a new dress that was a similar style only white with black spots. So it arrived today and i love it. I have put a picture of the dress on its own and one with it styled with a belt. I think the belted dress looks much better as it breaks the dress up a little bit. Im also looking to make a tulle underskirt to make it more puffy. I will put up a picture in the next blog post when i have added the underskirt.

Now im off to try and find a hairstyle idea and i need to decide what to do with my make up. i will blog again soon

claire x

2 comments:

  1. I've the same prom dress but black and is absolutely wonderful!
    I never have problems with ASOS and sizing. If you want good dresses, ASOS is perfect. For example, in Evans my size 20 and in Asos too. In New Look the 22 or more :S and in ASOS dresses are veeeery feminine and lady-like.

    I see you've long hair... about the hairstyles... why not a braid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. why thanks i actually saw the dress instore the other day and wanted the black version its pretty... maybe it was just the style of the dress i bought from ASOS lol

    braiding sounds like a great idea thanks x

    ReplyDelete